We all of us have families of origin who were our original, biological families. All of us know instinctively to find new friends and loved ones who will eventually help us create our families of choice. Our therapists can help when problems arise and/or you just want some extra support. Our therapists have experience working with gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender/gender diverse, panoramic, and polyamorous families and helping with the unique challenges that we face.
- Parenting Challenges
- Avoiding the step-parent versus biological parent “double bind”.
- Blended and Step Families
- Boundaries about and with the ex-partner.
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Management
- Defining Family
- Families of Choice
- Families of Origin
- Negotiating viable boundaries in relationships
- Nurturing the couple’s relationship in a family context.
- Parenting plans with former spouses
- Single Parent Families